WE ARE DOING GREAT THINGS!
It has been an honor to serve as your State Representative for District 43 and I am excited to continue to work together as we build a better New Mexico.
I am proud of what we have accomplished over the past two years. A few of the items I have accomplished include:
- Sponsored the legislation that revived the Technology Research Collaborative to bring our State Universities and national research labs together to create opportunities to grow our high tech economy
- Named MADD Legislative Champion of the Year after leading efforts to strengthen DWI laws in New Mexico
- Cosponsored legislation that keeps the Lottery Scholarship solvent
- Served on the Appropriations Committee where I fought for and won education funding to reduce class sizes.
- Sponsored the legislation to revamp State procurement processes to ensure locally owned and in-state businesses remain competitive in bidding for state contracts
- Sponsored the legislation cutting red tape to allow small towns like Cuba and Jemez Springs control over their revenues for law enforcement activities
- Traveled to Washington to fight for stable funding for LANL
- Established the Energy Storage Taskforce made up of energy research leaders including LANL to study how best to incentivize storage of alternative energy
- Fought to ensure that communities like La Cienega and La Bajada keep their historic water rights and are able to continue irrigating their crops
- Funded badly needed community infrastructure projects including acequias, water treatment facilities and a fire suppression system for the Jemez Mountains
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL DO EVEN MORE
Together we have accomplished great things and I look forward to building on our success for years to come.
I realize that many important issues may take more than one term to accomplish but I will be here fighting for our community not only during the legislative session but year round.
Heartfelt thanks to all the residents of House District 43 who have made my first two years a truly encouraging experience. While the challenges we face are many, I commend the overwhelming sincerity and civility with which you have communicated your ideas and concerns to me. Please feel free to contact me any time, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my legislative phone in Santa Fe is 986-4436. Again, it is a privilege to serve as your State Representative and I look forward to working with you in the future.
Stephanie Garcia Richard
Representative for NM State House Dist. 43